Sunday 19 October 2008

Malplaas orange





MALPLAAS. Near Botrivier, Western Cape... Now THIS is what I call an inviting establishment. I've not been there, I've just seen it for the first time on the internet today. I intend to make it a priority to get there the next time I am back in Cape Town.

There's something about the innovation of people in South Africa, the resourcefulness, the love of life that I love. My experience of South Africa, and I suppose that would mostly be Cape Town, is one of Can Do. If it needs to be done, it will be done. If it can be whacky and fun, all the better. If it can involve some major passion or passions (in this case Orange, Animals and the Great Outdoors), then it scores top marks.

I don't know who runs Malplaas (funny farm). Or why they started it. But it looks wonderful, complete with a carbon offset project. What a zest for life. And their website is wonderful, to boot.

If you go there, please let me know what it's like.

And to all of you at Malplaas - Go For It! You put a big orange smile on my dial.

No comments: